Available for weddings, meetings, special events.
PACKAGE 1: House and grounds, 3 hours, $900
PACKAGE 2: Grounds only, private and exclusive use, 12.00noon to 9.00pm, $2200 Saturdays; $1750 other days.
PACKAGE 3: House and grounds, 12.00noon to 11.00pm, $4950 Saturdays and holidays; $3250 other days
We also customize packages to fit your needs. House packages include:
- Use of the commercial style kitchen (for self-catering)
- Free parking, with drop off at the door, and accessible parking with no steps to reach the house
- Inside and outside sound system with phone/iPod hookup, Wi-Fi
- One hour rehearsal during the week prior
Catering: Choose your own caterer, or bring in your own food. We have worked with and recommend Michael's, Cameron’s, LA Catering, Black Dog, Hickory River, Himalayan Kitchen, Golden Harbor, and others.
Cleaning and Trash Removal: $450.
- Dinner plates, dessert plates, bowls, cup with saucer: $0.50 each
- Wine, champagne, water and beer glasses: $0.40 each
- Silverware: knife, dinner fork, salad fork, desert spoon, teaspoon: $0.20 each
- Sugar and milk; pepper and salt: $0.90 per pair
- Tables: $8; Chairs: $3
- Table cloths $10; Fancy seat covers: $3
Tents, Tables, Lighting, Dance Floor, Lights, Arbors etc.:
Arrange your own provider, or request a quote from Palace Events. See examples of their weddings in our wedding galleries. Sample prices for tents, tables, chairs, linens, delivery, set up and take down packages: 50 to 75 people $2200; 175 to 230 people $5500.
Wedding and Event Planning:
DIY, bring your own planner, or have Maggie Farchmin of 618 Events do everything for you. Here is her $1500 "Day-of" wedding package—she also has a range of alternatives.
- Initial consultation meeting
Start date of contract:
- Unlimited email, phone calls, and texts with questions and for recommendations
Two months out:
- Walk through of both ceremony (if not at Prairie Glass House) and reception venues
- Meet with coordinators at both venue locations
- Talk through all details planned thus far, begin timeline
Two weeks out:
- Maggie begins contacting all vendors to introduce, designate as day-of contact
- Maggie confirms all vendor details and communicate timeline
- Maggie can handle (if desired) all communication from here on out
- Maggie pick up all items from house to take to ceremony and reception
On the day:
- Keep the entire day moving in accordance with the timeline- you don't have to think about what's coming next
- Coordination/attendance at rehearsal, but not dinner (unless hired separately for dinner)
- Present the entire wedding day (both ceremony and reception) to assist with set up, vendor needs, bridal party needs, etc
- Pick up and deliver breakfast and lunch for bridal party
- Purchase last minute items needed for the day
- Assure every member of bridal party and family is picture perfect
- Assure every detail of the wedding is picture perfect
- Hand out final payments
- Assist in clean up
- Return rented items
(Photo: Mager Image)